Marriage Record Application

The Del Norte County Clerk Recorders office issues certified copies of marriage licenses to those who are entitled and also issue informational copies. The parties getting married must have obtained their marriage license in this county. If they were just married in this county and obtained their license in another county then they need to contact the county where they obtained the marriage license. If the marriage was confidential then the bride and groom are the only ones entitled to receive a copy. Those who want to request a copy of a confidential marriage license will have to obtain a court order. Please review the instructions to insure timely process of your request.

1. Use a separate application for each different record that you are requesting, Include $15 for each marriage record request. If we cannot locate the record based on the information you provide, state law requires that we keep the fee (for our searching efforts), but we will provide you with a “Certificate of No Public Record.”

2. Provide as much information as possible to help us locate the specific record you are requesting, Complete First and Second Person Information for marriage requests. If the information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to locate the record.

3. Identify the number of copies you want. Include a check or money order (for out-of country requests, use an international money order payable in U.S dollars) made payable to the County Clerk. Mail this application with the fee(s) to the County Clerk’s office at the address below.

  • The authorized individual requesting the certified copy must sign the attached Sworn Statement, declaring under penalty of perjury that they are eligible to receive the certified copy of the marriage record, and identify their relationship to the registrant(s)- their relationship must be one of those identified on page 1.
  • If the application is being submitted by mail, the Sworn Statement must be notarized by a Notary Public. Law enforcement and local and state government agencies are exempt from the notary requirement.
  • You do not have to provide a Sworn Statement is you request a “Certified Informational Copy” of the marriage record.
5. If the marriage was a confidential one, ONLY THE BRIDE OR GROOM CAN REQUEST A COPY (all other requesting applicants will need a court order). When requesting a confidential marriage license the bride or groom MUST include a copy of their valid photo ID.

6. Please include a self -addressed stamped envelope.

Del Norte County Clerk/Recorder
981 H Street, Suite 160
Crescent City, CA 95531
County Website,
Feb 19, 2015, 10:49 AM