Veterans Memorial Building
The Veterans Service Office is open
Monday through Thursday 8am to 12 noon and 1pm to 5pm.
Friday 8am to 12 noon
(but not always necessary)
The promotion of the general welfare of Del Norte County veterans and their families by means of:
- Establishing a county wide network of service for discharged veterans and their families.
- Providing services and assistance for all Del Norte County veterans, and surviving spouses and dependents in coordination with associated federal and state agencies, veterans' services organizations, private organizations and individuals.
- Continuing education and assistance for the general public, governmental agencies and elected officials regarding veterans' services, programs, initiatives and policy.
We can assist you with:
- Comprehensive benefit counseling, claim preparation, case management and appeal assistance when appropriate.
- County Social Services Referral (CA-5) Program which assists those clients applying for public assistance (Cal-Works, Medi-Cal, Food Stamps and General Assistance-GA) to be referred to our services in the hope of acquiring veteran benefits thereby cost-avoiding public assistance and local county costs.
- Information and referral services and crisis intervention.
- Assistance with the following primary entitlements:
- Disability Compensation (service connected).
- Disability Pension (Non-service connected).
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC) for surviving spouse and children.
- Death Pension for surviving spouse and children.
- VA, CHAMPVA, and TRICARE medical care access.
- Education and dependent education.
- College Tuition Fee Waiver for dependents.
- Vocational Rehabilitation, Housebound, Aid and Attendance benefits.
- Clothing and dependent allowances.
- Special Adaptive Housing and Auto Grants.
- VA Home Loans and CAL-VET Home Loans (application for certificate of eligibility and program information).
- VA Life Insurance.
- State Veterans Homes - Yountville, Barstow, Ventura, Fresno and Chula Vista.
- Burial benefits.
- Many other ancillary benefits and programs.
Roseburg VA Medical Center
913 NW Garden Valley Blvd | Roseburg, OR 97470-6513 | 1-800-549 8387
Brookings VA Clinic
555 5th Street | Brookings, OR 97415 | 1-541-412-1152
San Francisco VA Medical Center
4150 Clement Street | San Francisco, CA 94121 | 1-415-221-4810
Eureka VA Clinic
930 West Harris Street | Eureka, CA 95501 | (707) 269-7500
Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC)
8495 Crater Lake Highway | White City, OR 97503 | 1-800-809-8725