Helpful Information you can Provide
  • Let us know the non-custodial parent's Social Security Number--it is our most valuable piece of information.
  • Let us know if you hear that the non-custodial parent has a new address, telephone number, or employer.
  • Let us know if you go to court and custody is changed or if the amount of child support to be paid is changed.
  • Let us know when you move and always make sure that we have a daytime telephone number so we can reach you.
  • Let us know if you receive a direct payment of child or spousal support from the non-custodial parent. If you are receiving TANF benefits you are required by law to mail the direct payment to us. If you are not receiving TANF benefits, we request that you bring or mail the payment to us so your account will be accurate.

The Welfare Department will notify us if aid is discontinued. We will continue to enforce your case unless you notify us in writing that you want our services stopped.

Like private attorneys, we expect and require your full cooperation and assistance. We do not know the other parent as well as you do and your knowledge, if relevant to collecting support, is important to us.

You will be treated with respect when you contact our office, and we are sure you will extend to us the same courtesy.

Final Reminders

When you contact our office, if you have a case number, please have it available.

There are many resources available to locate the non-custodial parent and equally many ways to prove ability to pay child support. There are legal actions that can be taken and courts that will cooperate in the enforcement of child support orders. We have a staff of well-trained workers who are dedicated to the collection of your child support.

Nonetheless, we are not always successful. We will always be faced with the following:

  • People whom we cannot locate.
  • Those who do not earn enough to pay child support.
  • Parents who lack sufficient responsibility to support their children.
  • Parents who work under the table.

We are committed to the collection of your child support. We know how important prompt payment is to you.

Our Office is located at:
983-A Third Street
Crescent City, CA 95531

Our mailing address is:
Child Support Services
P.O. Box 66
Crescent City, CA 95531

Our Email address is:

Phone (866) 901-3212
Fax (707) 465-0126