1. The following procedures must be completed and understood before the applicant will be considered for a concealed weapon permit.
2. The applicant must reside in the jurisdiction of the Sheriff/Coroner of Del Norte County.
3. The applicant must complete the statewide standard application form for a CCW license and pay the application fee of $158.00.
4. The applicant must return the completed application form to the Sheriff’s Department and be fingerprinted. We do fingerprints on Tuesday’s and Friday’s between the hours of 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
5. You will need to provide proof of ownership for each weapon you plan to carry.
6. Once we have received a clearance from the “California Department of Justice”, you will be notified by mail. The Sheriff’s secretary will contact you to set up your interview with the Sheriff.
7. If the Sheriff approves you for a CCW, you will need to complete an approved weapon qualification course. At this time there are five approved range masters: Rick Barry (464-0071), Bob Saylor (954-5771), Roy Kelley (464-9413), Glenn Kelley (465-4664) and Old West Shootery & Supply – Eureka (707 442-6312).
8. Once you have completed your qualification, bring the form to the Sheriff’s Civil Office. You will need to sign the permit and get your right thumbprint.
9. The permit, if issued, will not be valid outside the State of California.
10. The permit, if issued, is valid for two years from the date of issuance. The applicant may apply for renewal, with a fee of $77.00.
11. The Sheriff may revoke the CCW at any time.
12. The time necessary to complete the application process and await the clearance from DOJ can take up to six weeks or longer.
******Please make sure your application is filled out completely (including Investigator’s Interview questions), Make sure you sign and date your application.