Pesticide Use Records/Reporting

Pesticide Use Records and Reporting

If you would like to get setup with online reporting, please call our office with your business name, preferred username, and email address. Alternately, reports may be faxed, emailed, hand-delivered, or mailed to our office, the postmark serving as the date of delivery.

Pesticide use records must be maintained and use must be reported to the Del Norte County Agricultural Commissioner’s office by the following:

  • Property operators producing an agricultural commodity.
  • Landscape maintenance gardener pest control businesses, agricultural pest control businesses performing residential work, and structural pest control businesses.
  • Public agencies, pest control businesses, and property owners who apply pesticides for agricultural use other than for the production of an agricultural commodity. These uses include applications for the production of poultry, fist, and apiary. Pest control businesses must report uses for the production of livestock. Also, uses on golf courses, parks, rights of way, cemeteries, forests, ditches, fence lines, ect., must be reported. 
  • Persons who use restricted materials for uses other than the production of an agricultural commodity.
  • Persons who use a pesticide for industrial post-harvest commodity treatments. 
  • Persons who use a Ground Water Protection pesticide listed in California code of Regulations, Section 6800 (b) for any outdoor institutional or industrial use. 
  • Licensed pest control businesses during months when there was no pest control work performed (i.e. Negative Use Reports).

Exempt Products

Certain products are exempt from pesticide use reporting requirements but their use must still maintained in use records. See 3CCR 6147 for exempt products.

Additional Reporting Requirements:

Agricultural Pest Control Operators performing work for hire and using pesticides on Production Agricultural Commodities:

Pesticide use must be reported within 7 days. Once registered, you must submit a use report every month. A Negative Use Report is required by all licensed pest control businesses for those months during which no pest control work is performed.

Structural Work:                                                                        

Structural pest control operators shall submit a monthly pesticide use report with a Structural Pest Control Board stamp by the 10th day of the month following the month of application. A Negative Use Report is required each month that no pest control is performed. Negative Use Reports do not require a Structural Pest Control Board Stamp.

All Others:

All other pesticide use must be submitted by the 10th day of the month following the month in which the work was performed.

 Pesticides Used at School Sites and Child Dare Care Facilities

If you apply pesticides for hire at a school site and are required to maintain pesticide use records pursuant to 3CCR 6624, you must report pesticides to the State at least annually. Visit our Healthy Schools Act page for more information.


California Code of Regulations Pesticide Use Records and Reporting Requirements, see 3CCR 6624-6628:

Online Use Reporting System:

CDPR’s Monthly Pesticide Use Reporting Forms: