The Del Norte County Local Mental Health Board is a State mandated board under the Welfare and Institutions Code section 5604. The board consists of seven residents of Del Norte County.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
1. Review and evaluate the community’s mental health needs, services,
facilities, and special problems.
2. Review any County agreements entered into pursuant to Welfare and
Institutions Code Section 5650.
3. Advise the Board of Supervisors and the Mental Health Director as to any
aspect of the local mental health program.
4. Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional
involvement at all stages of the planning process.
5. Submit an annual report to the Board of Supervisors on the needs and
performance of the County’s mental health system.
6. Review and make recommendations on applicants for the appointment of
Director of Mental Health Services. The Mental Health Board shall be
included in the selection process prior to employment of the Director.
7. Review and comment on the County’s performance outcome data and
communicate its findings to the State Mental Health Commission (the
California Mental Health Planning Council).
8. Assess the impact of the realignment services from the State to the County
on services delivered to clients and on the local community.